Over the last 12 months Kayla’s Directory has continued to have a positive impact on children with special needs and their families. We have purchased adaptive equipment, created venues and programs for children with special needs, and continued to update our website with information about community resources. We also have made some great connections with local agencies that are working with us to make things more accessible for everyone.
Things achieved in 2017:
- In memory of Mitzie Marinovich, purchased an all-terrain adaptive stroller for Echo Leahy Center for families to have access to the Burlington waterfront
- Purchased 2 pairs of noise-cancelling headphones for the Echo Center
- Purchased an adaptive sled for Catamount Family Center
- Purchased an all-terrain adaptive stroller for Shelburne Museum
- Purchased an adaptive-bike trailer for Partners in Adventure
- Purchased 6 “ice-walkers” for children to have access to ice-skating
- Partnered with Run Vermont to offer a 6-week “Adaptive Mini-Miler Program” for 15 children
- Partnered with Full Strides to offer two 8-week “Successful Skating Programs” for 18 children
- Partnered with Healthy Living to offer 4 monthly “Cooking is for EVERYONE” classes for 10 children each month
- Partnered with Davis Studio to offer 3 monthly “Abstract Artist” classes for 10 children
- Partnered with Richmond Community Kitchen to offer a “Community Cooking Class” for 10 children
- Partnered with Mirror Mirror to offer “Santa Cares”
- Supported “Friends on the Go” monthly family activities, which included visits to Essex Speedway, Shelburne Orchards for apple picking, Harlem Globe Trotters, and One Mitten Farm
- Provided day/annual passes for families to visit the Echo Center (courtesy of the Echo Center)
- Provided ticket vouchers for families to attend various events at the Flynn Center for Performing Arts (courtesy of the Flynn Center)
Kayla’s Directory would not be where it is without our amazing sponsors, community members who believe in our mission, and our mentors who help run our programs. We would like to thank the following organizations for their support: Full Strides, Boston Bruins Foundation, Edge Sport & Fitness, Ben & Jerry’s Foundation, Leonardo’s Pizza, Vermont Systems, Ski Rack, Spherion, Big Willy Style, Gravel and Shea, Run Vermont, Davis Studio, Richmond Community Kitchen, Cochran’s Ski Area, Mirror Mirror, Flynn Center for Performing Arts, & Echo Leahy Center.
We would like to thank the following individuals who have helped support our programs: Adam Bagdon, Jodi Bartley, Melissa Black, Teresa Davis, Alan Day, Sue Carpenter, Chelsea Carpenter, Lindsay Chisholm Leblanc, Amanda Drobot, Alyssa Gorecki, Robin Hall, Kristen Lee, Allison Lowry, Dan McFall, Amy Gifford, Josh Gracer, Allie Granato, Josh Liegl, Kourtney Menches, Rachael Oberst, Daria O’Neil, Ruthy Peaslee, Courtney Rittenberg, Erynne Ross, Lexi Ryan, Chris and Elizabeth Snyder, Nancy Westbrook, Tanya Willard, & Susan Whitman.